I have been doing Intermittent Fasting for a while now, but until recently I hadn’t really changed what I eat. Baby steps friend. Baby steps. But after a recent visit to my doctor where I discovered that my A1C levels are a little high, I decided it was time to kick the carbs and sugar. I HATE dieting! I’m not going to lie. But this low carb, keto friendly Creamy Brussels Alfredo recipe that I whipped up makes eating healthy both easy and delicious! And if you don’t mind more cheese, it would pair well with my Green Chili Chicken recipe!
I don’t even like brussels sprouts usually, but anything cooked in bacon grease and covered with a garlic, creamy, cheesy sauce has to be yummy, right? Even my daughters approve! My husband refused to even try it because he hates brussels sprouts. That’s fine with me! More for me!
I started out with two pounds of organic brussels sprouts that I bought at the grocery store. Cut off the ends and peel off the dry flaky layers that fall off and throw those away. Then cut the brussels sprouts in half and place into a bowl and set aside.
Chop up a half of a pound of bacon and fry it in a deep skillet until it is crunchy. Remove the bacon and place it on a paper towel. Leave the bacon grease in the skillet.
Next you will toss your brussels sprouts that you have prepared into the bacon grease and sauté for a few minutes making sure to coat all of your brussels sprouts in the bacon grease. Cover the dish and cook on medium heat for about ten minutes until they are tender and slightly browned.
Next add your garlic and continue to stir for one to two minutes. Do not burn the garlic. Then add your heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
Once your dish is simmering, add the parmesan cheese and stir. Bring it back to a slow simmer stirring constantly. Once it begins to simmer again remove it from the heat. Do not let it boil! Slow simmer is all it takes. Top it with the crumbled bacon and enjoy!
Seriously friend! You have to try this! If you are trying to get more green veggies into your diet, cut carbs or eating Keto, this is going to knock your socks off. It is filling, rich, and delicious!
Creamy Brussels Alfredo
- .5 lb Chopped Bacon
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts Washed and Ends Cut Off
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic Fresh or Jar
- 1.5 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the bacon in a deep skillet until crispy, and set aside. Leave the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves. Cut the brussels sprouts in half and toss into the hot bacon grease. Cook on medium heat. Sauté in bacon grease making sure to coat all of the brussels sprouts in the grease.
- Cover the skillet and cook until tender and slightly browed for approximately ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the minced garlic and stir for about a minute. Do not burn the garlic.
- Stir in the heavy cream and bring it to a slow simmer.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese and bring it back to a simmer stirring constantly. Once it is simmering, remove it from the heat. Be careful not to boil it because the cheese will clump.
- Top the dish with your crumbled bacon and enjoy!