This Green Chili Chicken Recipe is Low Carb and Keto Friendly. In case you are wondering, I am not exactly eating a Keto diet, but I am trying to eat low carb by eating things like this Green Chili Chicken recipe. Keeping my body in ketosis is not my goal, but I am simply realizing that many of these Keto friendly recipes that I have been cooking are not only low carb but delicious as well. If you ARE following a strict Keto only diet, then this recipe will make your taste buds scream!Jump to Recipe
Eating low carb may be one of the most difficult challenges I have ever given myself. I love foods that are rich, heavy, and flavorful. I know, I know. I will work on that as well, but for now I need to face one food challenge at a time, okay? That is why this Green Chili Chicken recipe is so amazing! The flavors are so rich that I am actually left feeling extremely satisfied after eating it. Chicken breasts, cream cheese, a couple of seasonings and topped with shredded cheese… what’s not to love?
Do you grow green chilis in your garden? Do you raise your own chickens for meat? This could easily be an easy homestead meal! I can’t WAIT until the day arrives that the majority of our food comes from our backyard.
I personally ate a piece of this chicken all by itself and called it supper! But the hubby sometimes prefers a little more variety on his plate. This would pair well with some cilantro, lime rice or even a side of steamed broccoli. Need carbs? Try some grilled tortillas or some tortilla chips to scoop up all that yummy, cheesy sauce that you will have on your plate!
Green Chili Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 8 oz Blocks of Cream Cheese
- 2 4 oz Cans of Diced Green Chilis
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Cheese Any white and yellow mix will do.
- 1 tbsp Salt and Pepper
- Spray a 13×9 glass casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese and the green chilis. Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Add the Garlic Powder and the Cumin to the cream cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the Chicken Breasts.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately fifty minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately by itself or with Mexican rice or tortillas.