Sourdough Pancakes Using Your Sourdough Discard
A delicious recipe that you can use to make sourdough pancakes with your sourdough discard rather than having to throw away your discard when it is time to feed your starter.
- 1/2 Cup Sourdough Starter Discard
- 1 Cup Milk Can also substitute using Almond Milk or Oat Milk.
- 1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour I prefer organic.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Stick Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp White Granulated Sugar Sugar is optional, but it does help to activate the sourdough starter to give your pancakes a little more fluff.
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract Optional
Sift all of your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
Add all of your other ingredients and stir by hand until well combined and a smooth pancake batter is achieved.
Spray your skillet or griddle with a non-stick cooking spray, or use butter so that the pancakes don't stick to the skillet.
Pour approximately 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of batter onto a preheated skillet and let it sit until bubbles form all over the top of the pancake. Flip the pancake and let it cook until you have the desired color and it is cooked all the way through. Cook pancakes on medium heat or lower depending on how hot your stove gets.